Staff Tested Positive for Covid?
Businesses: What to do When a Staff Member Tests Positive
Here is advice for businesses:
A regular cleaning routine will help in limiting the transmission of Covid-19. If someone with coronavirus comes to work and tests positive, the workplace does not necessarily have to close, but they should follow cleaning advice:
Cleaning and Disinfecting.
Reducing clutter and removing difficult to clean items can make cleaning more effective and faster. You should increase the amount of cleaning. Cleanse Smart has available a range of highly effective cleaning products and are much safer than bleach or alcohol. Pay particular attention to all surfaces but especially those which are touched more often. Things like door handles, light switches, work surfaces, keyboard and mouse controllers.These surfaces should be wiped down at least twice a day, especially at the beginning or the end of the working day.
The cleaning frequency should be adjusted to take account of the number of people using the space, entering and exiting and the access to handwashing and hand sanitiser. Because of the higher risk of cross infection, cleaning of surfaces is particularly important in bathrooms and communal areas such as kitchens.
When cleaning surfaces, it is necessary to have read and understood the MSDS (Manufacturers Safety Data Sheet) and to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) as directed.
How Disinfectant Fogging can Help after a Positive Test.
Antiviral Disinfectant Fogging is where an area or areas are efficiently deep cleaned with a disinfectant to kill off viruses and bacteria. The UK manufactured disinfectant Cleanse Smart uses kills up to 99.9999% of germs and is 1,000 times more effective than other antibacs. It carries four BS EN safety accreditations and has been tried and tested by the NHS. It contains no bleach and no alcohol so it is safe for people, pets, safe for food preparation areas and safe for the environment.
The big plus is that once applied, every surface remains protected against viruses for up to 28 days. This means your business saves money by only needing to repeat the deep clean fogging service once a month.
More Information on the Cleanse Smart Disinfectant.
Whilst almost any disinfectant, or antibac is better than nothing, some are much better than others. There are four key things to look for on the labels of the products you use:
1. The kill percentage - Most say 99.9%, which sounds good, BUT, a sneeze contains around 200 Million viruses and after you have disinfected using a 99.9% product, you will have 200 Thousand viruses left! Cleanse Smart general purpose cleaner, our hand sanitiser and our fogging kills up to 99.9999% which is 1,000 better! So after disinfecting with one of these those 200 Million viruses would be reduced to just 200.
2. The Hazards - Many products if you look on the back have a warning symbol, many are flammable, some corrosive and some are damaging to the environment. Because Cleanse Smart products have been designed using the latest biotechnology they kill germ more effectively, yet are non-hazardous. Safe around people, children, pets, food and safe for the planet.
3. The Safety Awards - Some products make claims that they can do all sorts of great things, yet offers no proof. Cleanse Smart products have four British and European Safety Standards attached to them.
4. Tried and Tested - The proof of the pudding, as they say. Well our products have been tested by UKAS a independent UK Lab. Tried and tested by the NHS, RSPCA, Network Rail, boeing and Airbus.
5 Steps to Protect Your Business After a Positive Covid Test
In order to protect your business, there are 5 steps you can take to minimise the risk from cross infection:
1. Carry out an audit to verify the frequently used touch points and then using an effective general purpose disinfectant cleaner, have these cleaned on a regular basis.
2. Once a month carry out a thorough deep clean, (fogging).
3. Every time someone enters the building you must confirm, with a specialised body temperature scanner, that they do not have a temperature, which would indicate a possible infection.
4. Separate people by using screens where possible, the use of face coverings, limit face to face contact to a maximum of 15 minutes and ensure people keep at least 1.5 metres apart.
5. Have effective alcohol free hand sanitisers available throughout.
Covid Secure isn't a phrase we like to use, as it can give people a false sense of security. No one can 100% guarantee that premises are covid secure, as all it takes is one unknowingly infected person to enter.
However, by having a covid action plan in place, you will be doing your very best to minimise the risk faced by your business. you will also be giving your staff and customers extra confidence that your have their safety at the forefront of your thinking.
Cleanse Smart - Business Protection after Positive Test
"Fit for Purpose at Minimum Cost"